Monday, October 20, 2008

LONG LIVE FALL!!

Most people look forward to the first sign of warmth and color. They long for longer days and blooming flowers, trips to the beach, and a skin tone three shades darker. Although I enjoy longer days and a wardrobe that doesn’t include socks, I love that time of year when the greenery begins to wilt along with the days. The chill in the morning air wakes you as easily as the coffee in your hand, which itself begins tasting better and better. Lighter beers are replaced by stouts and skinny tires are replaced by fat, mud slinging, root rolling, gravel gripping tires of a mountain bike.

So unlike Robert Frost, when I come to a point where Two roads diverge in to yellow wood, I will choose differently. I will ride BOTH, and that will make all the difference.