Thursday, April 9, 2009

We've made contact with CLETUS!!!

It seems that my forum reaches more than the four people that I previously thought. Apparently, the Sing-Along man himself, Cletus T, has been made aware that I was giving him some pub on my page. Having heard that, I feel the need to clarify a few things:

1.) By saying he played on a “not-so-good” football team is by no means a reference to him being a “not-so-good” player. My buddy Merritt played on the same team. (That may explain some things).

2.) I was a little brutal by saying that he couldn’t sing worth $h!t. He’s actually better than most people you hear at karaoke night and I’d almost bet he’d make it through an entire song if auditioning for American Idol.

I am somewhat saddened to hear that he is “pumping the break” a little on the sing along. Apparently things were getting a little hectic and there were just too many requests. Hopefully the hype will calm down soon and we will get a new season of the Sing-Along.

I do have two requests for Cletus. 1.) The next time he’s down south, my wife and I would be honored if he’d join us at one of the local watering holes. 2.) This may be pushing it a little, but if he ever reaches the point or has a need for a backup singer, I’d like to give it a shot.