Friday, April 3, 2009

SPRING BREAK

Well . . . I'm back. After almost a four month hiatus, it's time to reclaim my forum. Basketball's finally over and several other stressful commitments at work are behind me. It's time to slow down, relax, and have some fun.

My first act of freedom was a fishing trip for spring break. Merritt and I had been trying to plan one for a while, and It was as good a time as any. We made the arrangements and with only a little uncertain weather in the forecast, we were set to go.



We bummed a meal, a drink (several drinks), and a bed from some of North Georgia's finest, and newest residents. It was good to see Suzy, Clark, and the hounds. Emails and phone conversations are nice, but nothing can replace good conversation shared over wine and beer.




Merritt and I met our guide Rex and headed for the water. It was overcast and cool, but a good day to be on the water. I had some luck early and often. I was a little anxious for Merritt. He's new to fly fishing, and I kind of threw him into the deep end (consider it payback for my snowboarding lesson). After a while though, he seemed to grasp the basics and began to hook up on some fish. He hooked two "hogs" that didn't quite make it to the net, but that's fishing.

We had a great day and I had a great trip. I caught a hog and missed two. That just means I have to go back and try again.